Check Out Items
- Books and audiobooks may be checked out for three weeks. They may be renewed for an additional three weeks unless they are on a reserve list.
- Magazines may be checked out for a one week period. Magazines may be renewed for one week unless on a reserve list.
- DVDs may be checked out for one week and may be renewed for one week unless on a reserve list. There is a limit of 5 DVDs per library card.
- Renewals may be done in person, by phone, or on-line. Interlibrary loan materials may be renewed unless they are on a reserve list.
- Interlibrary loan of materials is available to South Beloit Public Library cardholders with cards in good standing.
- Electronic circulation of material is available to South Beloit Public Library cardholders with cards in good standing. Number of checkouts, renewals, and length of checkout is subject to the rules of the contract with the circulating agency.
Fines and Fees
- A fine of $0.10 cents per day will be charged for most library items.
- Maximum fine is $10.00 per item.
- A fine of $.50 cents per day per DVD will be charged.
- A fee of $.50 will be charged for DVDs and CDs returned in the book drop outside.
- For lost or damaged items, patron must reimburse replacement cost, plus $2.00 processing fee.
- Patron fines must be below $10.00 for borrowing privileges from the library.
- Patron fines must be below $5.00 for interlibrary loan and electronic borrowing.
- There is no maximum fine per card. The total fines accrued must be paid.
- Lost library card replacement fee is $1.00.
- Persons failing to return materials and/or pay for damaged materials may be subject to prosecution or may be referred to the City Attorney for court action. When judgments are found in favor of the Library, the person will be assessed court costs, plus an additional $25 library delinquency account fee. The Library may also choose to use a collection agency to retrieve delinquent materials. Any costs to the Library may be passed on to the customer.