South Beloit Public Library Board Policy – Adopted: Oct. 2015; Revised Jan. 2019, March 2022
A brief description of our public body is as follows:
- Our purpose is to provide materials and services for the recreational, social, informational, and educational needs of the community.
- An organizational chart is attached.
- The total amount of our operating budget for FY2023 is $288,750. Funding sources are property and personal property replacement taxes, state and local grants, fines, fees, charges, and donations.
- The office is located at: 630 Blackhawk Blvd, South Beloit, IL 61080.
- We have approximately the following number of persons employed:
- a.Full-time 1
- b.Part-time 7
- The following organization exercises control over our policies and procedures: The South Beloit Public Library Board of Trustees, which meets monthly on the second Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m., at the library. Its members are: President Jose Alarcon, Vice President Duane Farnsworth, Secretary Emily Sager, Treasurer Ryan Adleman, Margie Bertholomey, Crystal Ellis, Kylie Loewecke, Rith Marty, and Paula Richeson.
- We are required to report and be answerable for our operations to the Illinois State Library, Springfield, Illinois. Its members are: State Librarian, Alexi Giannoulias (Secretary of State); Director of State Library, Greg McCormick; and various other staff.
You may request the information and the records available to the public in the following manner:
- Direct your request to Brenda Weinberg, FOIA officer. It is requested that you complete the South Beloit Public Library Information Request form.
- Indicate whether you have a “commercial purpose” in your request.
- Specify the records requested to be disclosed for inspection or to be copied. If you desire that any records be certified, you must specify which ones.
- To reimburse us our actual costs for reproducing and certifying (if requested) the records, you will be charged the following fees:
- There is a $1.00 charge for each certification of records.
- There is no charge for the first fifty (50) pages of black and white text either letter or legal size.
- There is a $.15 per page charge for copied records in excess of 50 pages.
- The actual copying cost of color copies and other sized copies will be charged.
- If the records are kept in electronic format, you may request a specific format and, if feasible, they will be so provided. But if not, they will be provided either in the electronic format in which they are kept (and you would be required to pay the actual cost of the medium only, i.e. CD-Rom, flash drive, etc.) or in paper as you select.
- The library will respond to a FOIA request within five (5) working days. An extension of an additional five (5) working days may be necessary to properly respond to the request.
- Records may be inspected or copied at the library. If inspected, an employee must be present throughout the inspection.
- You may appeal the decision of the FOIA officer to the South Beloit Public Library Board of Trustees.
- In the event of a denial, you have the right to seek review by the Public Access Counselor at (217) 558-0486 or 500 S. Second Street, Springfield, IL 62705 or you have the right to judicial review under Section 11 of FOIA.
- The place and times where the records will be available are as follows:
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday,
- South Beloit Public Library, Offices.
Certain types of information maintained by us are exempt from inspection and copying. However, the library maintains the following types or categories of records:
- Monthly Financial Statements
- Budget Requests
- Operating Budgets
- Minutes of the Board of Trustees
- Library Policies
- Annual Reports to the Illinois State Library
IMRF Transparency – Employer Cost and Participation Information:
Click the link below access the information regarding IMRF Employer Costs and Participation.