Library cards are provided free of charge to all residents the South Beloit Public Library taxing district, as part of your tax-supported library services. Your card gives you borrowing privileges here and at many public libraries in Northern Illinois, access to special online resources, and more.
- Proof of identity and current residence are required to apply for a South Beloit Public Library Card.
- Library cards are valid for three years from registration and may be renewed.
All persons living outside a RAILS library taxing district may purchase an annual card for the current amount figured by the state formula for household non-resident library cards. Non-residency eligibility determined by the rules set forth by the Illinois General Assembly.
- The patron who signed up for and to whom the card was issued is responsible for all materials checked out on that card. The parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a minor is responsible for all materials checked out on the minor’s card.
- Owners of property within the South Beloit Public Library taxing district who reside out of the district are eligible for a South Beloit Public Library card. The owner must bring in personal identification and proof of South Beloit property address.
- Any business in the South Beloit Public Library taxing district is eligible for a library card. The owner, president, director, or signing authority must bring in proof of their connection to the business, the business name and address, as well as personal identification and proof of address.
- Lost library card replacement fee is $1.00.