Volunteering at the library is a great way to build your skills and give back to the community. Youth between the ages of 12 and 18 are invited to apply to join our team of volunteers as summer assistants. Our summer program will run from May 29-August 11, 2018. Summer volunteers help with events, prepare games and toys, and more.
- Hang out while working at the library
- Earn volunteer hours for school
- Gain valuable skills and put something awesome on your resume or college application
Fill out the Summer Teen Volunteer Application. You can bring it in to the library or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Paper applications are available at the library. Your application will be reviewed by the Library Director and staff. If your application is approved, the Library will contact you for an interview. All applicants must go through an interview and training process. Not all applicants are selected to be volunteers. You may not be able to volunteer if:
- Your application is missing information
- We can’t read your handwriting
- You can’t make a time commitment
- There is no parent/guardian signature
- Your responses are too brief or don’t make sense
- Maturity and a positive attitude
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to learn routine library tasks and work independently after training
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with library employees
- Ability to adhere to a specific schedule and to arrive promptly at the time scheduled.
Simply filling out an application does not guarantee acceptance to the summer volunteer program. A limited number of positions are available. Accepted volunteers will be eligible to volunteer up to two hours a week during the summer.